About Me

I'm somewhat introverted, I'm a voracious reader, and I love a good conversation. My interests and activities can be found on the right side of the page. My life goal is to use the gifts and talents God has bestowed on me to glorify Him and benefit others.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quick Updates

This post will stray from the serious topics discussed in my last couple writings, and instead will just be a quick update concerning the happenins in my life.

#1: I am now jobless for the summer! (Well, mostly anyway) My pastor has a neighbor who I have been able to assist in yardwork, and make a little money on the side. MCC was unable to keep me on for the summer, so I will now turn to finding odd jobs to make some spending money in preparation for my first semester at ISU, which begins in August.

#2: I am currently in an Intro to Film class, which is interesting. I never knew that so many technical intricacies went into the making of a film, and I definitely had no idea how to analyze them. I'm learning both now. My reason for taking the course is because it is required for my AS degree. In less than two weeks, this class will end and my summer statistics course will begin (turns out not having a steady summer job is a blessing in disguise-I'll need time to study!!!)

#3: I am going to concentrate on a couple of practical skills in preparation for life on campus, such as cooking (which Vanessa has graciously offered to help me with, she's so awesome!), and taking better care of my finances, among other things.

#4: I picked up a number of interesting books from the library that I should finally have time to read, such as: Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov, Henry James' The Turn Of The Screw, and Ayn Rand's Fountainhead, among others. Should keep me occupied for the next three weeks, that's for sure! Definitely not your typical light reading, but I view it as a fun challenge. ;-)-

#5: In my personal spiritual journey, I'm focusing on the disciplines of rest and contentment. It's difficult! Trying to learn from the apostle Paul's example.

Otherwise things are pretty uneventful right now. God Bless and have a great day!

Shane

No comments: