About Me

I'm somewhat introverted, I'm a voracious reader, and I love a good conversation. My interests and activities can be found on the right side of the page. My life goal is to use the gifts and talents God has bestowed on me to glorify Him and benefit others.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Nothing Surprises Me Anymore...

So, my Dad got married today...I kid you not. At this point, nothing could surprise me anymore. I suppose if I do end up with a career in counseling, it'll be helpful because people can tell me the craziest stuff and I will not be shocked. Lol.

He married the woman who he first dated after the divorce. They had a bad break-up, and I never thought that they would get back together. I hope and pray that they fully commit themselves to God and that He will lead them to serve Him and each other.

As for me, I am currently up at my mother's house in Milwaukee, using her laptop right now as a matter of fact. We browsed through several rummage sales earlier before the rain hit: I got a lamp for three dollars, a box of silverware and other kitchen utensils for a dollar, and a large CD holder for a dollar as well (the ones I currently have are almost completely full-me likey the good tunes. ;-)- Looking for a couch and some odds and ends to furnish the apartment that Joel and I will be sharing this August. I'm turning into a garage sale freak, lol.

So, my Dad's marriage is the biggest development in my life right now. Otherwise, life continues as usual. Oh, I'm slowly plodding through The Brothers Karamazov. Great book.

When I'm away at college I plan to post an entry in this blog at least once a month, to keep all of you updated. I discovered how to export this to my e-mail and facebook. Now, whenever I write a post a copy is automatically delivered to everyone in my e-mail address book and posted on my facebook profile. This pleased me very much; it's very fast and easy compared to sending individual e-mails or facebook messages to everyone. Enjoy this day in spite of the weather and be blessed!

Thoughts to meditate on:

"What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink and find satisfaction in all his toil-this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him."
Shane

No comments: